Agency Assistant, Harold Ober Associates
- Reads and responds to author queries
- Works with agents to sell film and audio rights
- Manages subsidiary rights and permissions.
- Responsible for office management
Intern, Susanna Lea Associates
February 2015-May 2015
- Read through queries and evaluated for merit.
- Reviewed manuscripts and wrote readers reports.
- Composed rejection letters and comments for authors.
- Completed translations of French language reviews for promotional use.
Foreign rights and contracts intern, folio literary management
January 2015-August 2015
- Helped compose contracts to be sent to authors, foreign agents, and publishers.
- Assisted Folio agents to assemble and mail out foreign contracts.
- Assisted with database management.
- Completed miscellaneous office administrative tasks.
editorial intern, NAL, penguin random house
- Wrote reader's reports for several different editors, primarily in romance, mystery, and women's fiction.
- Edited manuscripts.
- Participated in editorial and cover meetings.
- Provided administrative support, such as preparing mailings and editing TI sheets.
Editorial Intern, Entangled Publishing
July 2014-February 2015
- Wrote reader's reports, copyedited manuscript submissions, and provided input for edits and changes.
Intern, Jungle House Publications
- Worked for a small publishing company to edit and revise a previously published nonfiction children's book.
- Collaborated on an educational strategy and outreach for incorporating materials including supplemental books, newsletters, and a workbook
- Revised the website with changes aimed to streamline information and clarify navigation.
Team Leader, Making it in the Arts: Locally Grown Conference
- Organized and coordinated the Making it in the Arts Conference involving 14 speakers from 13 arts organizations
- Assisted the theatre committee and the networking committee, ensuring that the daylong event ran smoothly.
- Was responsible for coordination and assessment of the event as a whole.
Contributing Author, RealAbroad.com
January 2013-May 2013
- Contributed to a travel website and blog for students.
- Wrote an average of two blog posts per month focused on travel advice and recommendations for the student traveler.
Coauthor, A Merry War!
- Adapted and reinterpreted Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing into a 1930's style musical. The play was performed at the National Music Festival at Washington College in Chestertown, MD on June 9-10, 2013 and featured Liane Hansen of NPR.
TRiO Upward Bound Tutor
October 2012-December 2013
- Assisted high school students with written work and coached them on their study skills in order to help them improve their academic performance and prepare them for college.